IPPF is a global service provider and a leading advocate of sexual and reproductive health and rights for all. We are a worldwide movement of national organisations, working with and for communities and individuals.
The International Planned Parenthood Federation European Network (IPPF EN) is one of the IPPF’s six regional networks.
IPPF EN cares for all women, men, children, and young people across Europe and recognizes their right to lead safe and dignified reproductive lives, free from harm and discrimination.
We work in over 30 countries across Europe and Central Asia to empower everyone, especially the most socially excluded, to live with dignity and to have access to sexual and reproductive health and rights.
IPPF EN is seeking a consultant to develop a research methodology and coordinate a research investigating the impact of COVID-19 on young people, in particular vulnerable youth’s SRH needs (i.e. those living in remote/rural areas and/or in difficult socio-economic conditions) and the health systems’ capacity to address them.
The research should document:
- The most affected SRH needs of young people (14-30) during (and because of) C-19
- The major factors (institutional, social, cultural, economic) influencing (+/-) the access to SRH services, information and education during C-19 for (vulnerable) youth compared to before
- The coping and help seeking mechanisms, behaviour and solutions that (vulnerable) young people adopted in addresssing their unmet SRH needs during C-19
- The consequences (at personal, demographic and systems level) of neglecting or addresssing the SRH needs of (vulnerable) young people during C-19
- A mapping of promising/positive practices in responding to the SRH needs of (vulnerable) young people during C-19 – having the potential to be embedded/generalised/replicated in future through legislation, policies and practice changes
- A mapping of other (similar) promising measures/actions taken by European (EU) governments in response to the SRH needs of (vulnerable) young people during C-19
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your technical and financial proposal by 16 April 2021.
For the full terms of reference, see below.
IPPF is committed to equal opportunities and cultural diversity. Candidates from all sections of the community are welcome to apply.
IPPF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees, volunteers, contractors and partners to share this commitment.