Sex & Samfund is a longstanding proponent of quality sex education. It works to promote family planning, sexual well-being, and sexual knowledge as an integral part of personal and social life. Above all, it sees sexual and reproductive health (SRH) as a fundamental human right. The organization is recognized by the government as a partner in issues related to sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR).
Sex & Samfund's programmes and services include:
- An SRH counselling hotline for young people
- National AIDS hotline (government-funded)
- Youth campaigning and outreach work
- An under 20s contraceptive services and STI testing centre
- Classroom visits for gender-sensitive sex education
Sex & Samfund has developed sex education materials, curricula and training modules for and with IPPF sister Member Associations in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.